Join Katie Parla, Jersey-born, Rome-based food and beverage expert and author of the award-winning cookbook Tasting Rome, as she takes you on a culinary adventure through the Eternal City, from aperitivo to dolce.
Friday / Aug. 17th / 7-10PM
Adventure Through the Eternal City with Katie Parla
Take a Roman holiday at Solé East as Rome-based food and beverage expert Katie Parla hosts a multi-course dinner featuring recipes from Tasting Rome: Fresh Flavors and Forgotten Recipes from an Ancient City. The evening will begin with aperitivo featuring traditional Roman snacks including rice croquettes with Pecorino Romano and black pepper and assorted crostini, and will continue on to a family-style meal highlighting the best of Roman cuisine. From aperitivo to dolce, you’ll enjoy a culinary adventure through the Eternal City right in your own backyard.
- Cacio e Pepe Suppli’ (Rice Croquettes with Pecorino Romano and Black Pepper)
- Cazzimperio (Summer Crudités)
- Concia (Fried and Marinated Zucchini)
- Assorted Crostini
- Summer Vegetable Frittata
- Summer Amatriciana or Zucchini Pesto (V)
- Pollo alla Romana (Chicken with Tomatoes and Bell Peppers) or Eggplant Parmigiana (V)
- Verdure Gratinate al Forno (Baked Peppers, Onions, and Eggplants with Bread Crumbs)
- Torta di Ricotta (Sheep’s-Milk Ricotta Cheesecake)
Prefix menu (subject to change), beer and wine pairings, and a copy of Tasting Rome: Fresh Flavors and Forgotten Recipes from an Ancient City.
or call 631-668-2105
Saturday / Aug 18th / 1-5PM
Lekker Rosé Pool Party | As travelers, we tend to pick up new local lingo wherever we go. One of our favorite new words, “Lekker,” has several meanings. It is a common term for anything that is delicious or particularly luscious. In South Africa, it is most often used where Americans would say “cool,” “great” or “awesome!” Now it has a new meaning... a delicious rosé. Either way, you now have some new slang and a new bottle to take with you this summer